Establishment of a system for the ongoing measurement of relationship quality
hollu was founded in 1905 as a family business and is Austria’s leading hygiene specialist. The focus is on the development of innovative, coordinated cleaning systems for all areas of cleaning and hygiene.
hollu is characterized by its conscious use of natural resources and consistently invests in the development of environmentally friendly products and applications. The product portfolio ranges from high-performance cleaning and care products, cleaning aids and machines to comprehensive services. Another central focus in hollu’s work is, on the one hand, close cooperation with long-standing customers and, on the other, increasing customer satisfaction overall.
At hollu, the NetPromoterScore® is one of the key performance indicators in market development. Our assignment was to develop a standardized, streamlined survey instrument that would enable the NPS® to be repeatedly surveyed in order to check target achievement and evaluate performance.
The following requirements were placed on the instrument:
- Comparability of the NPS® across divisions and time periods.
- Link the NPS® to key performance factors and experiences
- Include current topics
- Direct contact to enable customer dialog
hollu system hygiene GmbH
Online and telephone survey
The last 4 months of hollu customers
3x per year since 2017
- Survey in 3 implementation periods per year
- Conducted online and by telephone
- Potential participants are hollu customers of the last 4 months in each case
- Reporting in the IMARK Insight Viewer
Procedure at a glance:
In a first step, a standardized survey instrument was developed that serves as a platform for all future surveys and offers the possibility ofi integrating current topics.
The NPS® survey is conducted 3 times a year with hollu shoppers from the last 4 months. For the survey, we rely on a combined approach, with a telephone survey and an online survey conducted in parallel. This ensures the broadest possible distribution and, in the case of smaller subgroups, higher case numbers can be achieved in a targeted manner. Respondents are selected using an algorithm which ensures that:
- customers from all divisions and regions are considered equally.
- each customer is surveyed only once a year.
- sufficiently large sub-samples are available in all three waves.
The data is made available in the IMARK Insight Viewer. The dashboard visualizes the NPS development of all implementation periods and subgroup analyses can be performed. If required, the data can be subjected to more in-depth analyses (e.g., driver analyses, cluster analyses, etc.) using multivariate methods.
Results and consequences thereof:
- Status and development of relationship quality based on NPS® (across companies and by subgroups such as regions, divisions, etc.)
- Concretization of customer experiences (experiences and satisfaction)
- Insights into relevant and current topics
With the help of the IMARK Insight Viewer and further analyses, the results are quickly available and easy to interpret. This results in the following implications:
- The status and development of the NPS® is, at various management levels, directly included in strategic and operational considerations.
- The tracking approach enables the early recognition of undesirable developments and thus timely countermeasures can be taken.
- Due to the flexibility of the questionnaire, current topics can be dealt with in a timely and cost-saving manner.
- The possibility for participants to express a wish for contact initiates a customer dialog in which negative experiences can be clarified and customer satisfaction can be increased.